Latest revision: September 30,2018
Garland County Audubon Society meeting of Sept 13, 2018
Presiding officer: Jerry Butler
Treasurer’s report: 6/14 ending balance $2626.83, ending balance $1881.83; 9/13/18 ending balance $1921.83.
Secretary’s report: last meeting was picnic at Entergy Park
Program: Presented by Jerry Davis on Magee Marsh. It is on the shores of Lake Erie, has long boardwalks. Everyone enjoyed Jerry’s great bird & wildlife
- Both campers told us what they liked about Halberg Ecology Camp. Mason Wittnebert & his mother, Mary Wittnert. Arabella Norton
and her mother Brianne. GCAS encouraged the students to share with their friends.
- Jerry Butler proposed getting business cards to help promote the club. A vote was taken and passed. He will look into designing
& ordering. He would also like to get an easel..
- Electric Island dedications is Sept 21. They may be looking for volunteers next April to help students ID birds.
- Other upcoming events: Native Plant sale 9/23 at LR Audubon Center; Audubon Fall meeting is in Texarkana Oct 5-7; AR Native Plant
Society is in Ft Smith Oct 12-14
- Members shared bird sightings: kingfisher, E Kingbird, Peewee, hummers and migrants are showing up.
- Jerry mentioned 2 books: Birding Without Borders and The American Wolf
FIELD TRIP: nothing planned for Sept; October is Mt Magazine Hawk Watch, date ?
PROGRAM NEXT MONTH: Ron Kew & Caarolyn Minson on Avoiding Window Collisions
Refreshments: Cookies by Kym Gallagher; beverages by Wayne Lynch
Notes taken by Loretta West
Submitted by Marty Lynch, GCAS secretary